Thursday, 25 February 2016

I Did, Still Do and Will Forever

On the weekend I had the pleasure of sneaking into the gardens of Bella Vista and catching a sneaky glimpse of the lovely Jessica getting married to her handsome beau, Bradley. 

I don't have any pics to share with you as they requested no cameras or phones out during the ceremony as they wanted everyone to enjoy it (PS wonderful idea!) but I can assure you, the now Mrs Burgoyne looked S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!! As she walked down the steps and along the path towards her hubby to be (while I sobbed like a 3 year old) I felt a tinge of sadness that I'd never get to do this all again - yes Dean that's right, you're stuck with me forever!

Then I thought to myself 'You selfish fool! You bagged him, tagged him and sealed him in with a baby (insert winky face!)'. Apologies in advance for the soppiness and corniness ahead.... but I thought it was time I went into more detail about my amazing better half.

Two crazy peas in one pod xox
In most relationships people would refer to the woman as the neat freak who is on top of everything and the man is the clumbsy idiot who is forgetful and mostly down-right useless. Well in our marriage I am the man in that sense. If I didn't have Dean I would forget anything and everything. Not only would I not have Addison, Kali and the wonderful home you have made for us, but I would probably still be running around in town like a drunken fool. True story. And yes, my mum's so proud (insert another winky face)!

As I've mentioned before, if I have a bad day Dean will swoop in and grab Addi from me when he gets home so I can have a break. When I was pregnant he rubbed my puffy, troll like feet and dealt with my bat-shit-crazy mood swings like a trooper. Only just last night he washed my hair then gave me a back rub because I'd had a rough afternoon wrestling with Addi. 

And I know what you're thinking, no man is THAT amazing, he must be gay. Well sorry to disappoint boys, but he is VERY STRAIGHT! Trust me, I know (need to get a winky face symbol or something!). Yep that's right, he's the whole package. 100% perfect and he's all mine. Well I share him with Kali & Addi, who have the best Daddy ever!

Daddy rules!
Reminessing about our perfect day (almost 3 years ago!) got me looking at our wedding photos and I stumbled across Dean's speech so I thought I'd share it with you all:



"Now as is the custom, there will be a few toasts during my speech, so please don't neck the whole glass at the first toast as you will need your glass for more....got that Kev?
My beautiful wife and I would like to thank you all for coming and helping us celebrate our special day. We hope that you're enjoying it every bit as much as we are, and how well it is going is a reflection on the monumental efforts from all involved.  

So I'd like to take this opportunity to, first of all, tell Lace how beautiful you look today.. and secondly To thank Lace for all the hard work and time she has put in to make today a success... and believe me it has been a hell of a lot of time.
They say you don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you can't live without.. and I’m hoping you'll agree that statement sums Lace and myself up perfectly. I have lived with Lace for some time now and I know I am marrying the person I will be with for the rest of my life, and hope that everyday will be as
happy as today.

Leanne  I would like to thank you so much for everything you have done and for welcoming me so openly into your wonderful (if not slightly crazy) family.
Thank you not only for your hospitality this evening and your kindness, but for also giving me your very beautiful daughter. I feel very proud to be able to say that I am your son-in-law and I promise I'll take good care of Lace and of course do everything she tells me to.
Thank you for helping to make Lace the loving, considerate, fun and beautiful woman I fell in love with. So if you could all please raise your glasses and toast... Leanne.

I also want to say thank you to my parents for their love and support all these years, I'm very fortunate and proud to have you as my mum and dad. You have both been there for me when I've needed you and you've got me through the thick and thin. It must be very hard to come to terms that you raised such a perfect son, Dad you will remember that one time I thought I was wrong... but I was mistaken – So if you could all raise your glasses and toast... Mum and Dad.

To my best man, Daniel. A big thank you must go to him, he has been most helpful over the past few days, even this morning he gave me a list of nice wonderful comments to say about him, but it just reinforced my belief that he is a compulsive liar and to ignore everything he says about me! You have been a great mate for more years than I care to remember and there is no one I would rather have by my side for our wedding.

My next thank you is to the maid of honour Lauren. You are looking
fantastic today, and were a great help in keeping Lace calm this morning and getting her here on time. You have been a great support to Lace, not only today, but throughout the entire planning of this special day.

Before I hand you over to Daniel, I want to make two things perfectly clear:
1. If he's telling you about it, that means that he was there.
2. If he was there, whatever it was, was his fault.

All that remains to say is thank you to all of you for coming, especially those who travelled so far. Extra special thanks however, goes to the person who travelled the farthest, my new wife, who after a 5 year journey is still right here by my side. Ladies and gentlemen, please join me in a toast to my stunning new bride...Lace."
  
One of my favourite photos of the day

I cried then and yes I'm crying again reading and reliving it. Dean isn't the crazy, loud, out-spoken person I am, so to have him speak these beautiful words in front of our closest friends and family was unforgettable.  


So now I'd like you all to raise a glass (it's after 5pm on a weeknight, so wine is totally acceptable) to my husband, my best friend, my everything. I love you boo.

L xx

No comments:

Post a Comment