Friday, 22 January 2016

First time mumma. First time blogger.

I'm 24, married, have a new bubba and live in the 'burbs of Newcastle. Well OK... part of that is a lie, but if we're going to be friends you'll let it go.

I have a baby. She's 13 weeks old and she is amazing. But she's also hard work. We have good days and we have bad days. And after you've had a few good days in a row, a bad one will knock you for six. 

My little poppet, Addison Lily 

This morning for example, I was crazy tired and half asleep. Addi didn't want to sleep or have a bottle. She just wanted to scream so hard and so loud I could barely calm her down. So much so that my husband came home from walking the dog to find me with tears rolling down my face, pacing the bedroom in desperation for her to settle. 

Hubby of the year every year, Dean

And this is where my saviour, my hero if you will, comes into the story. His name is Dean and he is the best thing since sliced bread. There is no way I could do any of this without him. If I've had a bad day or night with Addi, he's there. When he notices (and he always does) that I'm getting frustrated or stressed, he'll take over. I really should buy him a 'Super Dad' t-shirt or something... crap, now I've probably ruined the only idea I'll ever have for a father's day present - suggestions anyone?

Not only did this hairy spunk pull me out of my drunken, crazy ways (well most of them anyway), he married me & had a baby with me - perhaps I should judge him a little for wanting to spend the rest of his life with a lunatic like me? *Note to self, ponder this again later*  Either way he is my rock, my best friend and I thank my lucky stars everyday that nearly 8 years ago I "raped his face" at King Street *cringe* and he became mine! (A lovely story to tell our daughter one day)

Our always hungry Kali girl
   
Early last year we rescued a 5 yr old staffy-x named Kali. At the time I didn't know whether it was such a good idea to take on a new family member when we had just found out we were pregnant, but now we couldn't imagine our lives without her. Some people might say she's spoilt and we treat her like a princess (all of which is true), but it's because she's not just our dog, she's our fur baby. Kali didn't leave my side for hours when I found out my Nan was dying and I was a sobbing mess. And follows me around the house when I'm pacing like a crazy person pleading with my infant to go to sleep. She's my fury, little shadow and I absolutely adore her. 

So where to from here? Well I'd like to say I'll try and write at least once a week, and I will try. But those close to me know I'm forgetful, lazy and to be honest, I just half-arse things sometimes. Nether the less, I welcome you on my journey of deodorant-less days, sleepless nights and the all round craziness that is my life as a new mumma bear.

L xx

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog - it's wonderful and I look forward to reading your regular updates - Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lacey...can't wait to read more...your girl is so cute and I love you dog..his got the cuties eyes..xoxoxo hollie

    ReplyDelete